Vanilla Pudding Cupcakes
Makes about 16
- 1/2 cup minus 1 1/2 teaspoon low-fat milk (2%, 1%, skim)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup minus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red color
- Fat Free Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Unsweetened Almond Breeze
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill cupcake tins with cupcake liners or use silcone cupcake molds. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
Slice open the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds. Place the seeds and bean into the milk, set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream together ricotta cheese and sugar. Add egg and egg whites, beating after each. In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking powder, cocoa and pinch of salt. Slowly add to the ricotta mixture until completely combined. Remove the vanilla bean from the milk, squeeze out any moisture and discard. Add vanilla extract and food coloring to milk. Add milk to batter and mix until combined. Scoop batter into cupcake liners, bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops have a rounded top, and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from tins and cool.
Prepare Fat Free Sugar Free Pudding with Almond Breeze. When Firm add 1/3 cup of pudding mix on cupcakes for topping.